Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Parent vs. employee

Now that I work at the school, there's a fine line between being a parent of a student there, or a nagging employee.
We've been having problems with my daughter's grades. So when I talk to the teacher or principal, I have a feeling they're treating me like a fellow employee who's just bitching about something, and not like they'd treat any other parent who walked thru the door, sat down with the principal and teacher, and wanted to discuss their child's progress.
Why should I feel like I'm being a bother to them? I know I shouldn't, but I do. Maybe I'll have to call from home and set up an appointment to come in, then ask my boss (aka the principal) if I can have an hour off because I have to go talk to my daughter's principal & teacher.
Don't get me wrong, I love working at the school, I love the perks of being there, but there are definitely drawbacks!

2 comments:

Diva Me said...

Totally set up the meeting. Otherwise, it's almost like your mentioning the issues in passing, and maybe that's why they are not taking it seriously. They SHOULD be taking it seriously. I'd also ask for that hour off, THAT is hysterical!

K said...

I am with Diva... asking for the hour off would be awesome!