Monday, March 16, 2009

mothering skills


(Before I go into this story, I have to give you a little background. We always joke around that when the weekends come, our parenting skills go out the window. We don't eat as good, we let the kids stay up late, it's kind of free-for-all.)

I knew it would come sooner or later... Sam has always been "Mama's Boy," very cuddly, very affectionate. Well, this weekend he had a friend over and he came and sat next to me on the couch (his friend was laying on the living room floor). I put my arm around Sam's shoulder and he shrugged me off and moved a few inches away. I asked him if I embarrassed him. He kind of whispered to me, "Mom, not in front of my friends!" So I said to him, "But it's my job as a mom to embarrass you," to which he answered, "I thought you always say you don't mother on the weekends."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that was HYSTERICAL! And how old is Sam? Because I need to stop Dean from getting to that age. Either that, or I just won't let him have any friends ;p)

Anonymous said...

And oh yeah....damn it! Why is your font still a light yellow that I cannot see??? Is it because I don't have a Blogger account? Double damn it!!! I have to read it in preview format off of Bloglines.

Ok, enough about me...

Morgan's Mom said...

That is funny!