Tuesday, October 6, 2009

startling confession

I'm sitting here in my pj's, curled up on the couch watching Jay Leno. Marc is working late, kids are in bed, one dog is sleeping on the recliner and the other is laying on the floor curled up on a blanket. I'm watching them sleep, in all of their cute furriness, and have finally come to the realization that I've been trying to bury deep down within...

I don't like my dog.

I know. I'm a horrible person. I love the other one - more than anything. He's my big, cuddly, lovable, dumb, lug of a baby. The other one - not so much.

Now anyone who knows anything about me knows that I LOVE animals. All kinds. And I've always had dogs, forever. Our last dogs were 11 and 12 when they died. They were a huge part of our life, as are these 2. But I just don't like one of them. She's bitchy, always causing us headaches, and I just have no tolerance for her. I've tried to get past this feeling for a while, but it just keeps festering and I'm not quite sure how to change it. And the more dominance and bitchiness she shows towards the other dog, the more and more I dislike her.

So, am I a horrible person? What do I do to change this feeling? I feel like I've turned on one of my own children!!!

3 comments:

K said...

We all think all pets are perfect examples of their breed, but some dogs are not loveable cuddly dogs, some cats are crazy. You don't have to love all your dogs equally. Just don't kick it.

Fer said...

you don't want my advice. i'd probably kick her...

Diva Me said...

Sooooooo LMAO!!!
I hated my parents dog. HATED IT. When it dies. Yeah uh, ooops, so sorry for your loss (not so much)